areal adj : of or relating to or involving an area
- Of or pertaining to an area; as, areal interstices (the areas or spaces inclosed by the reticulate vessels of leaves).
- Italian: areale
Area, adjective areal, from Latin area, adj. arealis, "a piece of level ground, an open space, threshing floor", English from 1538.
Area may also refer to one of the following:
- Area (band), an Italian 70s progressive rock and jazz fusion band
- Area (electronic music group), composed of Abel Almena, Alberto Tapia, David Oleart, and Pedro Miras http://www.discogs.com/artist/Area
- Area (EP), an EP by the Futureheads
- Area (LDS Church), a geographical division within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Area (travel agency), a Finnish travel agency
- Area (journal), a journal published by the Royal Geographic Society.
- Area (magazine), an Italian magazine close to Alleanza Nazionale.
- Areas (Flash Game), A popular flash game featured on Kongregate.
areal in German: Fläche
areal in Spanish: Área
areal in French: Aire
areal in Galician: Área
areal in Slovenian: Površina